Important Dates 2015 - 2016
- June 1 - November 17, Application deadline
- July 18 - last day to take MCAT and be considered for EDP
- August 3, Early Decision Program (EDP) application deadline
- August - November, Interview cycle
- October 1, Early Decision Program admission notifications sent
- October 15 - March 15, 2016 regular acceptance notifications
- January - February 2016, final interview cycle
- Mid-April, Campus Assignment notifications sent
- April 15 - May 15, 2016, Alternate list notifications sent
- June 1, 2016, Deadline to issue final admission decisions
- Indiana University School of Medicine participates in the American Medical College Application Service (AMCAS), Early Decision Program (EDP), Letter of Recommendation Service, and Criminal Background Check programs http://www.aamc.org.
- All applicants must take the Medical College Admissions Test (MCAT). Applicants matriculating in 2017 and beyond must take the current MCAT. (Application submission dates June 1 - November 15, 2016).
- A holistic approach is utilized in the review process taking into account, scholarship, character, personality, references, MCAT, and extracurricular activities.
- Supplemental information ONLY sent to applicants selected for interview:
Complete and submit the IUPUI Graduate School Application and nonrefundable $65 fee https://uisapp2.iu.edu/sisad-prd/p/guest.do?methodtocall=start&inst=IUINA&career=grad. The fee and application must be submitted in order to interview. Please do not complete the Graduate Application or pay the fee until the Office of Admissions has invited you for an interview and sent the Supplemental Instructions email.
Legal Disclosure Form.
Dean's Evaluation - completed by the person at your institution who handles disciplinary actions.
- Three letters of recommendation or committee evaluation. Science and nonscience letters may be written by anyone that has taught you in a class and issued a letter grade. Personal letters may be prepared by former employers, volunteer coordinators, mentors, etc. Academic letters should critically evaluate your academic ability, strengths and weaknesses, motivation for medicine, and highlight special attributes. If you are currently enrolled into a graduate program or professional school, it is recommended that one letter be prepared by a faculty member from the program or school.
- Applicants are expected to complete shadowing and volunteer experience with the focus being upon the quality of each experience vs the quantity or number of hours.
- Applicants with a status of Accepted, Alternate, or at the request of the Office of Admissions must forward official transcripts to the office.
- U.S. Citizen Status: Every applicant must a be U.S. citizen or possess a permanent resident visa at time of application. Also, all science requirements must be completed at a U.S. or Canadian accredited university.
- Interviews are held on Wednesdays at IUSM Terre Haute, Northwest (Gary), Indianapolis, IPFW (Ft. Wayne), and Muncie. Due to a limited number of interview dates, rescheduling is not recommended. If you have an interest in Urban Health, may we suggest you interview at IU Northwest http://iusm-nw.medicine.iu.edu/student-experiences-with-ms-3-4-at-northwest/ or Terre Haute if you have a Rural interest http://terrehaute.medicine.iu.edu/rural-medical-education/.
- Applicants in the process of completing graduate work are not guaranteed an offer to interview. Holistic factors such as previous undergraduate credentials/performance, MCAT scores and medical experiences/services will be considered for interview eligibility on an individual basis.
- To check the status of your application visit the Applicant Portal. If your questions are not addressed, email email@example.com.
- Alternates may receive an offer up to and including the first week of classes.
- Withdrawals should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Transfers IUSM does not accept applications for transfer or advanced standing.
- Campus selection process will occur once an offer of admission and acceptance has been received beginning after October 1.