- Indiana University School of Medicine participates in the American Medical College Application Service (AMCAS), Early Decision Program (EDP), Letter of Recommendation Service, and Criminal Background Check programs http://www.aamc.org.
- All applicants must take the Medical College Admissions Test (MCAT) no more than three years prior to enrollment. Beginning with the entering Class of 2017 the current MCAT (Verbal, Phy Sci, Bio Sci) will no longer be accepted for the application cycle 2016 - 2017 (application submission June 1 - November 17, 2016).
- Supplemental information ONLY sent to applicants selected for interview:
Complete and submit the IUPUI Graduate School Application and nonrefundable $50 fee https://uisapp2.iu.edu/sisad-prd/p/guest.do?methodtocall=start&inst=IUINA&career=grad. The fee and application must be submitted in order to interview. Please do not complete the Graduate Application or pay the fee until the Office of Admissions has invited you for an interview and sent the Supplemental Instructions email.
Legal Disclosure Form.
Dean's Evaluation - completed by the person at your institution who handles disciplinary actions.
- Three letters of recommendation or committee evaluation. The science, nonscience, and personal letters should be from individuals who can critically evaluate your academic ability, strengths and weaknesses, motivation for medicine, and highlight special attributes. If you are currently enrolled into a graduate program or professional school, it is recommended that one letter be prepared by a faculty member from the program or school.
- Applicants with a status of Accepted, Alternate, or at the request of the Office of Admissions must forward official transcripts to the office.
- U.S. Citizen Status: Every applicant must a be U.S. citizen or possess a permanent resident visa at time of application. Also, all science requirements must be completed at a U.S. or Canadian accredited university.
- Applicants enrolled into a graduate program will not be issued an admission decision until the graduate program has been completed.
- Interviews are held on Wednesdays at IUSM Terre Haute, Northwest (Gary), Indianapolis, IPFW (Ft. Wayne), and Muncie. Due to a limited number of interview dates, rescheduling is not recommended. If you have an interest in Urban Health, may we suggest you interview at IU Northwest http://iusm-nw.medicine.iu.edu/student-experiences-with-ms-3-4-at-northwest/ or Terre Haute if you have a Rural interest http://terrehaute.medicine.iu.edu/rural-medical-education/.
- To check the status of your application please visit the Applicant Portal. If your questions are not addressed, please email email@example.com.
- Alternates may receive an offer up to and including the first week of classes.
- Withdrawals should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Transfers IUSM does not accept applications for transfer or advanced standing.
- June - AMCAS applications submitted
- June - November 17 Application Deadline
- June - August 1 Early Decision Application Deadline
- June - Admission decision notifications sent
- November - Last opportunity to take MCAT until January 2015
- October 1 - Early Decision admission notifications sent
- Jan 15 - Letters of Recommendation must be on file