- Indiana University School of Medicine participates in the American Medical College Application Service (AMCAS), Early Decision Program (EDP), Letter of Recommendation Service, and Criminal Background Check programs http://www.aamc.org.
- All applicants must take the Medical College Admissions Test (MCAT) no more than three years prior to enrollment. Beginning with the entering Class of 2017 the current MCAT (Verbal, Phy Sci, Bio Sci) will no longer be accepted for the application cycle 2016 - 2017 (application submission June 1 - November 17, 2016).
- Supplemental information ONLY sent to applicants selected for interview:
Complete and submit the IUPUI Graduate School Application and nonrefundable $50 fee https://uisapp2.iu.edu/sisad-prd/p/guest.do?methodtocall=start&inst=IUINA&career=grad. The fee and application must be submitted in order to interview. Please do not complete the Graduate Application or pay the fee until the Office of Admissions has invited you for an interview and sent the Supplemental Instructions email.
Legal Disclosure Form.
Dean's Evaluation - completed by the person at your institution who handles disciplinary actions.
- Three letters of recommendation or committee evaluation. The science, nonscience, and personal letters should be from individuals who can critically evaluate your academic ability, strengths and weaknesses, motivation for medicine, and highlight special attributes. If you are currently enrolled into a graduate program or professional school, it is recommended that one letter be prepared by a faculty member from the program or school.
- Applicants are expected to complete shadowing and volunteer experience with the focus being upon the quality of each experience vs the quantity or number of hours.
- Applicants with a status of Accepted, Alternate, or at the request of the Office of Admissions must forward official transcripts to the office.
- U.S. Citizen Status: Every applicant must a be U.S. citizen or possess a permanent resident visa at time of application. Also, all science requirements must be completed at a U.S. or Canadian accredited university.
- Interviews are held on Wednesdays at IUSM Terre Haute, Northwest (Gary), Indianapolis, IPFW (Ft. Wayne), and Muncie. Due to a limited number of interview dates, rescheduling is not recommended. If you have an interest in Urban Health, may we suggest you interview at IU Northwest http://iusm-nw.medicine.iu.edu/student-experiences-with-ms-3-4-at-northwest/ or Terre Haute if you have a Rural interest http://terrehaute.medicine.iu.edu/rural-medical-education/.
- Applicants in the process of completing graduate work are not guaranteed an offer to interview. Holistic factors such as previous undergraduate credentials/performance, MCAT scores and medical experiences/services will be considered for interview eligibility on an individual basis.
- To check the status of your application visit the Applicant Portal. If your questions are not addressed, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Alternates may receive an offer up to and including the first week of classes.
- Withdrawals should be emailed to email@example.com.
- Transfers IUSM does not accept applications for transfer or advanced standing.
- Campus selection process will occur once an offer of admission and acceptance has been received beginning after October 1.
- June - AMCAS applications submitted
- June - November 17 Application Deadline
- June - August 1 Early Decision Application Deadline
- June - Admission decision notifications sent
- November - Last opportunity to take MCAT until January 2015
- October 1 - Early Decision admission notifications sent
- Jan 15 - Letters of Recommendation must be on file